Thursday, September 22, 2011

Moving Along

Last night I had some time to myself so I started quilting.  It's coming along nicely, I'm about half way done with the initial pass.  I'm going to go back and sew inside every other stripe three or so more times to give it more character.  Here's a sneak peak at the back:

I love stopping at random small thrift shops around town when Ellie and I need to get out of the house (it's still too hot to play at the park during the day).  Today I found a sandwich bag full of wooden spools.  Two-thirds were generic craft store spools and the rest were genuine spools.  The price?  Twenty-five cents.  I was so excited.  I've already strung them on some twine and am trying to figure out where I want to hang my little spool garland (in a few months it will probably be on my tree!).

3 comments:

  1. Your lines are so straight and even. Do you mark them before you sew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wish I was that good! The other side of the quilt was my guide (I was stitching in the seam).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    I'm also excited to get our craft nights going again!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friend!