Thursday, November 1, 2012


Just kidding.  I meant catching up.  

I have yet to take pictures of my latest projects, but last night I finally got to a project I've been meaning to tackle for a while.  An ironing board cover!  Not very exciting to most, but I haven't had a full size ironing board since high school.  I picked up the ironing board for a few bucks at an estate sale.

It came together super fast.  I didn't have a wide enough piece of fabric to create a casing for my elastic so after I cut the fabric + one layer of cotton batting to size (with 3-4 inches added all around the board) I just took a long piece of 3 inch wide fabric, folded it in half, and sewed it around the edges to create a casing.  

I did this a few months ago but forgot to document.  I love retro school things and this chair was perfect for my computer desk.  It was in rough shape but after cleaning, lightly sanding, a few coats of Penetrol, and some new feet and it was ready to enjoy.