Saturday, July 23, 2011

Skirt Refashions

I have been having fun refashioning skirts recently.  It's such a quick project!  This time I don't have before pictures (drat).  Both skirts were mid-calf extra large skirts.  You know, the kind that are in abundance at any thrift store.

To start both skirts I cut away the original waistline.  For the red skirt ,below, I took some extra wide elastic and encased it.  Then I sewed a number of rows over the waistband to create a foe shirred look. 

I loved the colors of this skirt.  Reminded me of a Monet painting or something.  I decided to go with another wide elastic band, this time exposed.  

I love both new skirts.  Both skirts worn high on my waist hit about knee length, which I think is perfect (bonus--no new hem required).  I am now critically eyeing many of my old skirts...they seem so drab compared to my newly refashioned skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friend!