We don't have much going on in our backyard and I wanted to have something fun for the girls to play with this summer. There are a number of tutorials out there, but I remembered seeing this teepee tutorial years ago. Like most everything I do, I used her pattern as a starting point and then changed it.
I wanted each section to be equal (rather than have a big opening like Rachel's version), so I cut my panels about 44 inches wide tapered to 5 inches wide at the top. I thought a round opening would be fun so I just went for it.
I cut a few inches off the wood due to necessity (I may have wedged the teepee against our ceiling...).
I didn't want to sand the wood, but didn't want to hear about splinters all summer. So I decided to use strips from a vintage sheet I had lying around to hold the wood in place. I was a little short on the length needed so I added a strip to the bottom of the teepee as well.
I haven't pulled it outside yet, but so far the girls seem to like it and I think it's totally cute and girly. Hopefully hours of fun will be had in this girly teepee this summer.